Illustrator for Fashion Design Sketching: Level 1
Course type: LIVE (In-person or Virtual)
Total hours of Training: 5
Fashion design sketching is the language of a fashion designer. It's how we communicate our ideas to potential customers and, more importantly, to manufacturers. So if you're not clearly illustrating your designs, you're bound to get bad samples, inaccurate pricing, and waste your time and money.
Creating an accurate fashion design sketch is a critical part of design development. And Illustrator has become the industry standard for drawing flat sketches so you can more clearly communicate your ideas.
Even if you've never used the software, you'll learn how to use the Pen Tool in Illustrator to draw a flat sketch of your design, color it, and create a basic worksheet, the start of a fashion tech pack which you'll need to pass to a manufacturer to make a sample.
This course will teach you the basics of Illustrator and how to use Adobe Illustrator for Fashion Design to draw your fashion design sketches.
* If you're looking for a class to learn fashion sketching for beginners, this class is for you.
Saturday, September 10th
Saturday, October 8th
* All in-person classes take place in midtown Manhattan.
Proof of vaccination needs to be provided at time of entry.
No refunds given if student refuses to provide or is not able to show a vaccination card.
Can't make the LIVE class?
Try the online, self-paced class instead!
Here's what you get:
• live, virtual instruction in a semi-private, group setting (classes are limited to 4 students)
• a downloadable manual with tutorials and notes from the class + additional practice exercises
• access (via CC) to trim, brush, and sketch libraries (for 2 months)
• access to live, virtual office hours with the instructor
Download a course outline.
Cancellation & Rescheduling: Classes can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to scheduled class time. If you cancel anytime after that, do not call into the meeting, or call in more than 15 minutes after scheduled meeting time, you will be considered a "no show" and will not be entitled to a refund.