Illustrator for Fashion Technical Designers (ONLINE)
Location: Midtown Manhattan (* final location noted in registration confirmation)
Total hours of training: 6
Level: Beginner/Fast Beginner
Here's an example of what you'll learn in class:
In today's fashion industry, it is as important for a Technical Designer to know Adobe Illustrator as it is for an Apparel Designer. However, there are some differences in how a TD will use the program. This class will teach you the basics as well as tasks specific to a technical designer's job!
Learn the basics of Illustrator, how to draw technical flat sketches, how to update design details on an existing sketch, create construction detail sketches, show fit updates and corrections on a sketch or photo and more!
Plus, you'll receive a manual, downloadable sketch libraries and exercises, and small classes (for more attention)!
Class will cover all of the following topics:
• illustrator basics (tools, palettes, workspace)
• using basic shapes
• using the pen tool to draw detailed and precise flat sketches
• updating sketches and creating basic trim libraries
• adding construction details including POMs and callouts
• showing fit updates and corrections
Students receive the following:
• a beginner's manual with tutorials and notes from the class
• access to a student library with trim, croquis & brush libraries
Click here to see the course outline.
Click below to attend one of our upcoming workshops:
Sat/Sun, June 6th & 7th
Can't make a class date? Don't live in NYC?
Check out our online classes.
Cancellation & Rescheduling: Limited seating in all classes. Fees are non-refundable. If a class is missed, students can arrange to participate in the next session. Students must arrange to reschedule within 2 months. "No shows" may not reschedule a session. Any cancellations within 48 hours of class start date are considered a "no show".