Beginner Fashion Flat Sketching w/ Illustrator
Location: Midtown Manhattan (* final location noted in registration confirmation)
Total hours of training: 6
Level: Beginner/Fast Beginner
Here's an example of what you'll learn in class:
Do you need to learn how to convert your hand drawn sketches into digital fashion flats? Do you need to create digital flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator? Then, this class is for YOU!
Learn the basics of Illustrator and how to draw technical flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator. We show you all you need to know to start sketching your designs today!
Plus, you'll receive a manual, downloadable sketch libraries and exercises, small classes (for more attention) and a private, online followup session with the instructor!
Class will cover all of the following topics:
• illustrator basics (tools, palettes, workspace)
• using basic shapes
• using the pen tool to draw detailed and precise flat sketches
• creating custom color swatches to fill bodies
• creating a design worksheet and presentation board
Students receive all of the following:
• a beginner's manual with tutorials and notes from the class
• access (via Adobe CC Libraries) to trim, sketch & brush libraries
• semi-private classes
• access to monthly online Q&A sessions with the instructor
Click here to see the course outline.
Click below to attend one of our upcoming workshops:
Saturday, March 7th
Save $25 when you
bring Your Own Laptop
(must have Adobe software)
Can't make a class date? Don't live in NYC?
Check out our online classes.
Cancellation & Rescheduling: Limited seating in all classes. Fees are non-refundable. If a class is missed, students can arrange to participate in the next session. Students must arrange to reschedule within 2 months. "No shows" may not reschedule a session. Any cancellations within 48 hours of class start date are considered a "no show".